Information Operations from an Information Perspective (IOFAIP)
The main course objective is to improve the qualifications of information reconnaissance information operation personel, include combined operations: ICT systems attacks with information operation component. Acquisition by trainees expanded knowledge of information and psychological operations, security of decisions-making processes on the part of state and non-state actors. The course is intended for RON employees involved in the security of the information evironment.
- Introduction to the definition of information operations capabilities;
- Differences in the definition and usage of information operations;
- Case study: Presentation of a manipulation technique masking the use of chemical weapon in Syria;
- Case study: Non-state actor as tool of disinformation operation;
- The Russian security sector and information operations, cyber operations;
- Overview of the operating environment. Information environment;
- Disinformation – an introduction to defining the concept;
- Operations of the manipulation matrix in infromation operation usage;
- Reversal of the manipulative model as tool of information operation recognition;
- Operation masking tactics;
- Case study: masking operation target, distraction for example information attack, icluding cyberattack from attacker and deffender team perspective.
- Recognize incidents in the information environment;
- Define an incident;
- Conduct the recognition process, analysis of the identified incydent;
- Recognize cyber operations as information operation incident;
- Recognize infromation operation as a supportive component ICT attack;
- Recognize special features of information operation;
- Classify an incident into a specific information operation model;
- Develop an initial manipulation matrix;
- Develop an initial reconnaissance card and object profiling;
- Recognize a saturation models of the information environment VIEDM;
- Recognize an incident of the nature of active measures used in the information environment.
Data: To be defined
Location: Cyber Security Training Centre of Excellence, Warsaw.